The HAVEN Residential Program provides three meals and living supplies to our residents each day. Donated supplies are always welcome, but we can only accept new items from our needs list because of limited storage space.
If you have gently used items you would like to contribute, we recommend these organizations. HAVEN can also accept used cell phones that are in working order.
Items and Supplies We Currently Need
Items may be dropped off at one of HAVEN’s locations. In order to schedule a time, please contact Katie Lamb at 248-322-3707 or email@example.com.
- Major gas stations and grocery, retail, craft and home improvement stores (Meijer, Target, Payless Shoes, CVS, Rite-Aid, Lowe's, Home Depot, etc.)
- Fresh fruit (apples, oranges, bananas)
- Water (bottles or jugs)
- Juice boxes
- Individually wrapped snacks (chips, cookies)
- Peanut-free healthy snacks for kids in our youth program
Bath and Toiletry Needs
All items for shelter must be full size (not sample size).
- African-American hair products (hair oil, mousse, hair relaxer, hair gel, oil sheen spray, vent or bristle brushes)
- Bath towels
- Toilet paper
- Full-size (8 oz.) baby bottles, Sippy cups, pacifiers
- Formula (with 3-month or more expiration window)
- Diapers (size 5–6 and pull-ups)
- Baby wipes
- Baby oil
- Regular strollers (single and double)
- Baby mittens
- New car booster seats
- Laundry soap — Dreft, Pack N Plays
- Infant and Children's Ibuprofen
- New pillows
- Can openers (manual or electric)
- Paper towels
- Storage containers (clear, snap-on lids, 2+ gallon)
- Disinfecting spray or wipes
- Laundry soap (for HE machines) and bleach
- Cell phones (new or used)
- Combination locks, lock-changing kits
- Contact sensors for home windows — motion-sensitive lights for outside
- DVDs (G or PG only), portable DVD players
- Thermometers (digital, pediatric)
- Flip-flops (Ladies, sizes 8+)
- Socks (women)
- NEW women's small/medium underwear
- 2T-3T-4T clothing (gender neutral)
Download the needs list.
Donation Items Requested for the START Program
We also need items for the Safe Therapeutic Assault Response Team (START) program at HAVEN.
The following items can be dropped off at the Bingham Farms office:
- White twin-size flat sheets(6 needed)
- Laundry detergent and bleach
- Toilet paper, tissue, paper towel
- Small and medium underwear
- Small, medium and large sweatshirts and sweatpants
- Keurig coffee and tea K-cups
- Bottled water, cans of diet and regular sodas
- Individually wrapped candies, sweet and salty snacks
Donate your old cell phone
HAVEN works with several cell phone carriers to recycle old cell phones, tablets and cords. It doesn't matter the style, brand or color — we can use it! All funds received directly support HAVEN's programs and services.
How you can help: Simply drop off your used cell phones at HAVEN's offices. Don't worry — all of your personal information will be erased.
Guidelines: Wireless cellular, PCS phones, and tablets only please. Phones meant for home use, bag phones, two-way radios and walkie-talkies are not accepted.
Drop-off location: 801 Vanguard Pontiac, MI 48341